Monday 6 June 2011

As you can see, the counters are all positive statements.

All of them have travelled from mental anguish to a position where, at the very least, they feel optimistic about the future. If you choose a person-centred counsellor then you can be sure that you will stay in control of how far you go with this work. I cant work so my income is low. 8 is a comfort number for me so I used to check it 2 by 8 times, and I had to go through the count without blinking. If you become tired, take a rest. Working on your self-esteem can be a long and painful process but it is essential as part of learning to be okay with who you are. Really feel it. Its only embarrassment, and I can cope with that. What is your body to do? I can cope with being a fool if it helps me get better. ABOUT RELAXATION I do relaxation, I use a CD that the therapist gave me, it has a guided visualisation on it. Behaviour: you may avoid certain places or situations, or you may have to complete compulsive rituals Whole self: you may have poor self-esteem, fuelled by underlying beliefs about yourself. Stand, sit or lie comfortably. What is the worst thing that could hap? Hold a spider. However, if your problems go deeper into your relationship with them youll have to proceed more carefully - we suggest you take professional advice (see Relate in Apdix 2). If they need a lot of support from that person they may then start to feel guilty about it, or perhaps resentful that the person isnt doing enough to help. Patience: there is no miracle cure or magic wand for Anxiety, and in the early stages your progress may feel painfully slow. A Worriers typical thoughts start What if . Once you feel comfortable breathing like this, you can do it as often as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment