Wednesday 25 May 2011

Your goal must be Specific.

Whatever you do, dont give up. This is also why you should never use alcohol to get you through an Anxiety provoking situation - you may feel pleased that you managed it, but, in fact, you learnt nothing and you may have started a very bad habit indeed. The feeling of doing something good for those less fortunate gives me an amazing feeling which gives me something to focus on when Life is rubbish and I want to die. My self-esteem was very low, but everything turned round when my mum went into a Home. Finding new ways of looking at your problems and dealing with them is a running theme through this book and you will have realised by now that the tools and techniques of self-help can be adapted to many situations. A person with Anxiety is not going mad, and neither Anxiety nor panic will make anyones heart stop beating. If there is a gain, there will always have been a loss. Also, NEVER try and give someone suffering from an Anxiety attack any type of prescription drugs that have not been prescribed by their family physician. I think the chances of me having a panic attack are very high. This is a very common difficulty for all Anxiety sufferers, but especially for agoraphobics and social phobics who tend to set a lot of store by other peoples opinions. You may still feel that you havent really got time for yourself, but as a part of your recovery from Anxiety you need to find some time every day for yourself. Think about all the things that used to give you pleasure before you had Anxiety. There are some important aspects to exposure work that you need to understand before you get started. Exercising helps with my sleeping. I wake up if Im anxious.Positive Experiences Anxiety sucks all the pleasure out of life. Keep yourself as busy as you can and let the thoughts of fear of an oncoming attack melt away. The trigger for my recovery was when I suddenly had to fly to get to an important family occasion. Alright isnt Measurable. Youll almost certainly have forgotten how bad things were, and how much progress you have made. The key sentence here is My OCD is steadily getting worse. The most important ones are: The right to ask for what you need. There are some things that just cant be resolved by answering the question do I feel like it? and others that need many more factors to be taken into consideration. The details of the verdict will be different for each person, since Anxiety doesnt treat us all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment